The Gathering Place
The Gathering Place is a convenient meeting spot for your next board meeting, club gathering, etc.
We have many features for a reasonable price:
- Space for up to 49 people
- Furnishings available include:
- 16 tables (2' x 6')
- 49 padded chairs
- 1 lectern
- Room Size 31' x 24.5'
- Available for use is a ceiling-mounted projector, screen, wall jack for laptop or VCR, ceiling-mounted speakers with volume control (no microphones)
- Many room set-up configurations available - Please see the configurations page
- Based upon your selection of configuation, we will set up tables and chairs to accommodate the number in your group.
Board Room configuration
The Gathering Place Use Policy
Here are the details about the use of The Gathering Place, Please review these prior to booking.
- 2013 Rates
- $35 for daytime use of The Gathering Place (includes restrooms)
- $40 for evening/Saturday use of The Gathering Place
- Higher rates for holiday and Sunday use at the discretion of the General Manager
- Guidelines for use of The Gathering Place
- Use of the space must be consistent with the mission and/or values of Harrisonburg Gift & Thrift.
- MISSION: Harrisonburg Gift & Thrift, Inc. is a nonprofit organization. We are committed to Christian faith in action, offering a friendly, caring presence in the community while addressing the stewardship of our environment and supporting the primary goals of Mennonite Central Committee.
- While the rental of The Gathering Place is not limited to activities associated with Gift & Thrift or MCC, the facility is not rented for uses counter to the values and ethics of these organizations.
- Any literature distributed by rental groups may use the driving directions provided by Gift & Thrift and should in no way infer a connection with this organization unless first approved by the General Manager of Gift & Thrift.
- This space is a smoke-free, alcohol free and pet-free space (with the exception of service animals).
- The Gathering Place and accompanying restrooms will be available for reservations between 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.
- Reservations will be available in three four-hour blocks, with some time between blocks to allow for some flexibility. Reservations for fewer than four hours will be charged full rate. Reservations that run into a second time block will be charged for two blocks.
- 7-11 a.m.
- 12-4 p.m.
- 6-10 p.m.
- G&T's responsibilities:
- Room will be clean and set up as requested.
- Designated technology needs will be ready for use.
- G&T host will provide the contact person with a pass card and instructions for opening and closing the room.
- A G&T host will be on call during the reservation in the event that questions arise.
- Reserving party's responsibilities:
- Request reservation online through The Gathering Place web site.
- Pre-pay or arrange payment with General Manager.
- Provide a responsible adult (age 21+) to pick up the pass card, receive training to open and close the room, and oversee use of the space.
- Before leaving, turn off projector and lights, and lock the outside entry door (as per instructions). Leave room as found.
- Candles may be used only if encased in a glass container. Use extreme caution in lighting candles.
- Please refrain from hanging anything on the wall with tape. Any damage deemed to have been caused by the responsible party will be assessed and charged to the reserving group.
- Please respect our tenants and neighbors by keeping noise to a minimum inside the building as well as when leaving the parking lot.
- The Gathering Place is a meeting room in Common Good Marketplace (home of Gift & Thrift, A Bowl of Good Café, Artisansé Hope, and Everence). Ample parking and The Gathering Place entrance are located on the south side of the building directly behind Everence at 841 Mt. Clinton Pike, Harrisonburg, VA 22802.
- Common Good Marketplace is located just west of the intersection of Rte. 42 (Virginia Avenue) and Mt. Clinton Pike.
If you are using Internet Explorer, you will likely have to wait for a while for the booking window to load.
If you want to speed this process up, please use a modern browser such as Google Chrome or Firefox, or you can install the Google Chrome Frame plugin below.
Choosing one of these options will reduce the wait time on many websites, not just this one.